Job Captain / Designer
About BRIC Architecture, Inc
BRIC Architecture, Inc is focused on developing partnerships with administrators, educators, students, and communities to envision, plan, and design innovative teaching and learning environments.
We are a full service architectural, planning and interior design firm with a commitment to community based educational design. With an intentional focus in educational architecture, our Principals and staff have worked with over 40 public school districts, completing over 75 major school projects in the last 15 years. We are united by a passion for creating innovative, thoughtful and inspiring learning environments.
Our Portland office is searching for Job Captains and Designers to join its growing team.
- Assist in the articulation and development of design solutions from concept through design development to contract documents
- Engage with the concepts and ideas that drive our practice
- Work independently and in highly collaborative environments to perform a wide range of architectural design tasks
- Prepare conceptual drawings, diagrams, presentation drawings and other materials
- Develop details and construction documents in coordination with other disciplines
- Ability to develop design solutions that support and advance architectural design concepts
- Well organized with a rigorous attention to detail
- Able to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- Flexible with an open attitude towards new ideas and ways of working
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and time efficiently
- Willingness to listen and learn from all team members and partners
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Proficient at building positive relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong graphic, verbal, and written communication skills
- Professional degree in Architecture
- 3+ years of architectural experience
- Proficient in Revit, Navisworks, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite
Please send cover letter, resume, and representative samples of work (via Adobe PDF attachment not‐to exceed 10MB in size) to: careers@bric‐arch.com